Mettler - Seraflex Kit 4 Spools
SERAFLEX® Elastic Sewing Thread 4-Spool Set: The Perfect Basic Set for Sewing with Stretchy Fabrics
Get the highly elastic and versatile SERAFLEX® elastic sewing thread in a convenient 4-spool set! This set contains four spools of SERAFLEX® in black, white, grey, and red, each with a length of 130m/142yds.
SERAFLEX® is the perfect sewing thread for all sewing projects where elastic fabrics are processed. It is made with a special PTT raw material that allows it to stretch up to 65%, giving you the flexibility you need to sew with stretchy fabrics without worrying about seams breaking.
To achieve the best results with SERAFLEX®, we recommend using it exclusively for straight stitches and using a loose thread tension. SERAFLEX® can be used as both the needle and bobbin thread, and it will give your seams a sewing elasticity that is twice as high as that of conventional sewing threads.
The SERAFLEX® elastic sewing thread 4-spool set is the perfect basic set for sewers of all skill levels. It is ideal for sewing women's, men's, and children's clothing, sportswear, outdoor clothing, underwear, and lingerie.
Here are some tips for using SERAFLEX® elastic sewing thread:
- Use a universal sewing machine needle in size 80 / 12 or 90 / 14 for most projects.
- For heavy-duty fabrics, use a heavier needle, such as a size 100 / 16 or 110 / 18.
- For delicate fabrics, use a lighter needle, such as a size 70 / 10 or 60 / 8.
- Use a slightly longer stitch length for heavy-duty fabrics and a slightly shorter stitch length for delicate fabrics.
- Test the stitch length and tension on a scrap of fabric before starting your project to ensure that you are getting the desired results.
Length 130m/142yds ART.-NR. 7840 No. 120
Linear density: ca. Nm 83/3 (dtex 120*3) Needle size: Nm 70-80
Material: 100% PTT (Polytrimethyleneterephthalate)
There are 4 spools in this kit.
With its high elasticity, versatility, and convenient 4-spool set, SERAFLEX® elastic sewing thread is the perfect choice for sewers of all skill levels who want to sew with stretchy fabrics.
Instructions for use:
- SERAFLEX should be used as both, needle and bobbin thread.
- Thread tension should only be “as tight as necessary”, meaning as loose as possible.
- The bobbin thread should also be wound with as little thread tension as possible to prevent the thread from stretching beforehand.
The sewing thread is suitable for the sewing machine.
Excellent elongation properties
Thanks to its innovative raw material PTT, SERAFLEX can achieve an elongation of up to 65%.
Double seam elasticity compared to conventional sewing threads
The elastic sewing thread makes especially the straight stitch extremely stretchable
SERAFLEX is manufactured in compliance with internationally recognised ecological requirements and is certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.