Mettler - Seraflex
SERAFLEX: The Highly Elastic and Versatile Sewing Thread for Stretch Fabrics
SERAFLEX is a groundbreaking sewing thread from Mettler specially designed for stretch fabrics. It is made from the innovative raw material PTT, which allows it to stretch up to 65%.
To achieve the best results, SERAFLEX should be used exclusively for straight stitches and with a loose thread tension. When used as both needle and bobbin thread, SERAFLEX can achieve a sewing elasticity that is twice as high as that of conventional sewing threads.
SERAFLEX is a versatile thread that can be used for a wide variety of projects, including:
- Women's, men's, and children's clothing
- Sportswear and outdoor gear
- Underwear and lingerie
Whether you are sewing a new activewear outfit or creating a delicate lingerie set, SERAFLEX is the perfect sewing thread for the job. It will ensure that your seams are strong, stretchy, and comfortable.
Here are some of the key features and benefits of SERAFLEX sewing thread:
- Highly elastic: Stretches up to 65%
- Versatile: Can be used for a wide variety of projects
- Durable: Strong and abrasion-resistant
- Easy to use: Can be sewn with a straight stitch and a loose thread tension
Length 130m/142yds ART.-NR. 7840 No. 120
Linear density: ca. Nm 83/3 (dtex 120*3) Needle size: Nm 70-80
Material: 100% PTT (Polytrimethyleneterephthalate)
There are 5 spools in each unit.
Try SERAFLEX today and see the difference it makes in your sewing projects!
Instructions for use:
- SERAFLEx should be used as both needle and bobbin thread.
- Thread tension should only be “as tight as necessary”, meaning as loose as possible.
- The bobbin thread should also be wound with as little thread tension as possible to prevent the thread from stretching beforehand.
The sewing thread is suitable for the sewing machine.
Excellent elongation properties
Thanks to its innovative raw material PTT, SERAFLEx can elongate by up to 65%.
Double seam elasticity compared to conventional sewing threads
The elastic sewing thread makes especially the straight stitch extremely stretchable
SERAFLEX is manufactured in compliance with internationally recognised ecological requirements and is certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.