Mettler - Poly Glow
POLY GLOW Sewing Thread: Ideal for Embroidery and Phosphorescent Effects
POLY GLOW sewing thread is a special type of sewing thread that is phosphorescent, meaning that it glows in the dark. It is perfect for adding luminous highlights to your creations, such as sports and leisure wear, bags and satchels, and embroidered logos and lettering. POLY GLOW is available in one colour and one size (100m / 109yds), and is 50% PBT (Polybutylene terephthalate), 50% PP (Polypropylene).
POLY GLOW sewing thread stores UV and artificial light, and then releases it in the dark. This means that your embroidery and seams will become real eye-catchers in low-light conditions.
POLY GLOW sewing thread is also wash-resistant, so you can enjoy your creations for years to come.
Here are some tips for using POLY GLOW sewing thread:
- Use a universal sewing machine needle in size 80 / 12 or 90 / 14.
- Use a slightly shorter stitch length than you would for conventional sewing thread.
- Use a slightly looser thread tension than you would for conventional sewing thread.
- If you are using POLY GLOW sewing thread in the bobbin, be sure to use a sewing machine needle that is specifically designed for thick thread.
- If you are having trouble sewing with POLY GLOW sewing thread, try using a Teflon presser foot to prevent the thread from sticking to the needle plate.
Length 100m/109yds ART.-NR. 2927 No. 40
Linear density: ca. Nm 65/2 (dtex 154*2) Needle size: Nm 70-80
This product contains 5 spools.
Enjoy creating fun and unique projects with POLY GLOW sewing thread!
In the dark, the sewing thread unfolds its beautiful and striking luminosity. The intensity of the luminosity depends on the duration of exposure to light.
The sewing thread is very suitable for standard embroidery and sewing machines. It is recommended to reduce the machine speed and thread tension.
POLY GLOW is manufactured in compliance with internationally recognised ecological requirements and is certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.